Pages

11.3.09

sunshine & rabies

Oh how I've missed Trivia Tuesdays! It was a nice relief to eat and drink with friends while showing off our trivia knowledge of trivial things...or lack thereof.


One of my dear friends (can you tell I have been reading Dracula lately?), one who hasn't seen me since my 160lb weight loss Tim, wanted a little insight to how I have been doing and dealing with what happened...the regular inquiring questions. In the process of my explanation that I am doing surprisingly well (in case you were wondering too), I happened to mention that in our happy oblivion, one of us thought that once the move happened everything would be sunshine and rainbows.


Upon hearing this, Tyler leaned over and said "more like sunshine and rabies." Quite funny and clever, I have found Tyler's comment to be one with much truth. In relationships isn't it always the case that we take the good and the bad?* Yes, relationships, the good ones anyway, are supposed to be easy...but even the easy ones take work. The good sunshine is what helps us through the bad rabies. When the rabies overtake the sunshine, you realize that it is time for the vaccine...even if it stings for a little bit.


*You take the good, you take the bad, you take them both and there you have The Facts of Life, the Facts of Life.

No comments:

Post a Comment