Pages

9.3.09

insight from a sixth grade perspective

The past couple of weeks have been a time for me to look at relationships in a whole new way.

What makes them work? What makes them strong? How do you make them last if only one person is committed to making it work? How could a relationship even work if one of the people involved thinks of nothing but themself all the time?

Well, I'm sure by this point you can sense my frustrations. Don't worry, I have more but will save you the pain of reading them...(pain like is she really recording these thoughts, not pain like ouch.)

This morning two things happened:

1) I finished Breaking Dawn, the last in the Twilight series by Stephenie Meyer and

2) I confiscated an art journal that was being used to pass notes

In regards to #1, I loved this series and if there is an Edward out there for me (someone who cares about me/loves me so unconditionally) I can't wait to meet/realize/find him. Wow! What a passionate love story....however, one for fiction :( Finishing this book and therefore the series has blinded me a little and confused my positive thoughts about relationships in general. Confused because as much as I would love to have an Edward (or Jacob) of my own they are completely fictional and therefore do not exist...does that mean that my Prince Charming (as the Disney movies promised) does not exist? "Some day my prince will come. Some day I'll find my love. Though he's far away, I'll find my love someday. Some day when my dreams come true."

In regards to #2, the sixth grade girls have interesting take on things...like sixth grade boys
(written by 6th grade girls...complete with their punctuation, spelling, grammar, etc)

*how they are?*

-When they say sorry they don't mean it.
-they treat you like garbage when they are with their friends.
-they never think aboute you & you are thinking of them all day.
-they don't listen to you
-they hang around with the girl you hate the most
-they make your relashionship not work
-they want you to do what they say but they don't want to do what you say
-they are the reason is over
-they make you sad

*how to 4get aboute someone (asap)*

intro-when you like someone and they don't like you you try your best to stop thinking aboute them

I know that things will always work out for the best. Everything happens for a reason. Blah, blah, blah. Yes, these are phrases that I have hear before and in light of certain recent events have heard about a thousand more times than necessary. Thank you all for the kind words...however, please note that I am a very impatient person and want to know...NOW!!!...what the future holds for me.

2 comments:

  1. I found my prince in California- maybe your's is here too :) *Hint! hint!* Get away from the madness and come see me!!!! Love you Anne!

    ReplyDelete
  2. He just might be...but I will only know if I can save enough to get a plane ticket :) I'm thinking July.

    ReplyDelete