Pages

7.4.10

two pounds per inch

A little before this past holiday season, I had an interesting conversation with a couple of my guy friends. We were discussing, in depth, the appropriate weight of a girl.

At first it was as simple as "she has to weigh less than me" but then turned into a complex theory...we'll call this theory Thomas's Law.

According to Thomas's Law a girl...excuse me...a datable girl must be no more than two pounds per inch tall. For instance, I am 5'7" or 67" tall. In order for me to find my datable weight I would take 67 x 2 (for the 2lbs/in). The most I could weigh at my datable weight would be 134lbs.

Humph...who are we kidding...I might have been that weight at the beginning of high school but after I learned about how much I loved sports (tennis, soccer, gymnastics, cheerleading) I quickly put much muscle mass onto my frame. Since then, with the exception of the freshman 10-15 in college, I have dabbled in the 145-155 category...no where near the two pounds per inch rule. In fact, for my weight to be acceptable, I'm going to have to grow to be 6'2"! ;) Or...I will just have to live with being 2.2lbs/in.

After I realized the truth that I was undatable it was time for a massive reconstruction plan on my diet and exercise lifestyle. My plan was to exercise more, eat healthy, watch portion size, etc. Trouble with that...I was already doing pretty well in all of those areas. I have always worked out 3-4 times per week and I eat extremely healthy during the day and at night with the occasional cupcake and alcohol intake.


No comments:

Post a Comment