Pages

9.8.11

new decade

Today's the day...the start of my third decade!  I am in complete awe of how lucky I am and have been in my 30 short years of life. 

I believe the festivities began on Wednesday of last week when some friends came in town for a mini vacation.  They treated me for dinner at Rainforest Cafe...my choice because of their little ones!  Friday was planned by one of the greatest guys on the planet <3!  He planned everything from dinner at Nui Sushi (freaking amazing!) then drinks after dinner at Faith and Whiskey.  Saturday was the day that I planned...or really planned the start then everything else was up to the group.  Because of my late time change to the evite, Caleb and I met up with some early comers at Third Rail then we walked over to Market Bar for some rooftop drinks before dinner.  Dinner was quite tasty then we headed to Lumen, Mad River, and Barleycorn Lincoln Park.  So many of my favorites showed up!  Loud voices, laughter, and love surrounded the weekend! 


 
Last night, I realized that it was officially the last night of my 20s.  In order to say good-bye to another great decade we met at Kirkwood for a few drinks and great conversation.

Today, my actual 30th birthday, looks like facebook is blowing up with well wishes from friends and family.  My parents came into town, Dad to a Cubs game with his friend and Mom and I to West Side Story at the Cadillac Theater later tonight...but first...early dinner at Chen's.  Planning on meeting up with my pops upon our return from the musical.

Plans for continuation...special dinner on Thursday with some of my hometown besties then meeting a Cali friend for lunch.

Everything has been so amazing and I don't think I could ever thank everyone that I need to thank in the way(s) they deserve...

Oh yeah, I have also decided to begin a 365 picture documentation of my 30th year.  The first picture is a cheat since I didn't actually take it today (more so on Friday) but it fits the situation perfectly...

*1 of 365

No comments:

Post a Comment