Pages

13.10.10

inspired

This past weekend I was in awe...in complete awe of the 45,000 runners from all over the world who chose Chicago as their location to run 26.2 miles (a.k.a. the Chicago Marathon).


Here are some of the most memorable parts of viewing my 6th Chicago Marathon.


*Standing at Mile 1 of the 26.2 mile race to watch...



     -the wheel chair athletes


     -the set up of the official race clock



     -the official start of the marathon with police motorcycles and pace cars


*Watching the elite runners race by mile 1 4:30 seconds after the race started.




*Cheering on my friend Thomas at 5 different beautiful Chicago locations


*Runners helping each other finish the race (check the middle of the photo...the guy in yellow is being helped by the lady in white)


*Carnival acts...juggling and costumes!


*Behind the photos of the ever popular Marathon Photo guys who happen to be at EVERY race.  Smile at mile 21!


10.10.10 was a great day!  Congratulations to all of the runners who trained for weeks and weeks and gave it their 100% best.  You have all inspired and motivated me to want to be a better person.  There were certain moments during the race where I almost teared up a little and other times in the race where I realized that I can no longer say that I can't do something.  Oh yeah...and a shout out to Thomas who raced the marathon in 3:26:and change :)

No comments:

Post a Comment