Pages

28.9.09

chuck realization

Didn't think too much about dinner and drinks with an ex last week, I stay friends with almost all of my exes...I guess I'm just that girl. I knew that my ex was still dating the girl he met right after we broke up (um about 2.5 years ago) and I assumed he was planning on telling me they lived together.

After about an hour long conversation...just catching up here's how the conversation went:


A-So are you living with new girlfriend now?

C-Oh yeah, it's been a while.

A-Wow, that's great! I will forever live with a boyfriend before marriage chuckle under breath

C-Yeah, marriage. Did I tell you that my brother and his longtime girlfriend are getting married?

A-Actually you did mention that...that's amazing, she is such a great girl.

C-They are getting married next June when she graduates from Vet school.

A-And you? You have been with your girl now for, what is it now, 2.5 years? Are you engaged yet?

C-Oh, haha, yeah.

A-big smile Really!?! That's awesome! When are you getting married?

C-Two weeks, October 10...

A-did not hear anything for about 5 minutes after that because the shock had set in...

C-I'm surprised mutual friend didn't tell you...

A-I guess it wasn't on her priority list...she does have two small ones now and you're not the center of her world


This was all the confirmation I needed to know and believe that I am officially "Good Luck Chuck" but for guys. Almost every boyfriend that I have had since sophomore year of college and one even before that have married the girl they dated after me...well, the ones that believe in marriage anyway.

Yep...went through the list again...still true.

With that being said...the streak stops now! From this point forward, I will no longer be "Good Luck Chuck." Instead, roles will be reversed and I am passing the torch to the last guy I dated and no, we are actually not friends...which is why this works really well...he will now be Good Luck Chuck...mwahahaha

If you would like to join me...I am getting together with a group of friends on this wonderful day of October 10...downtown Chicago...to celebrate the passing of the torch. Good-bye Good Luck Chuck status...bring on the Mrs. degree. :)

1 comment:

  1. well, I will be at the outing on the 10th! "Goodbye good luck chuck status!!"

    ReplyDelete